A horrible car accident in Dassu region of Kohistan has taken the lives of all 5 people travelling in a car from Rawalpindi to Gilgit. According to local police, 4 passengers and the driver died on the spot after the car went out of control fell off a 100-feet cliff.
All four passengers belonged to the same family from Gulmit village in Upper Hunza. The driver, who was pronounced dead on the spot, belonged to Mansehra district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. According to sources, a car bearing number plate ADJ 585 was rented from Rawalpindi.
The passengers and driver were recognized as:
1. Dawood, Driver (Mansehra)
2. Syed Hussain Shah S/O Ahmad Baig (Gulmit, Hunza)
3. Faiza Jan D/O Ali Ahmad Jan, Student f Bahria University (Gulmit, Hunza)
4. Ali Ahmad Jan (Gulmit, Hunza)
5. Aziza Ali D/O Farman Ali, Student (Gulmit, Hunza)
Karakoram Highaway is at its worst condition between Chilas and Dassu leading to accidents more often than ever. The renovation process could not be taken forward despite approval of funds last year.